if you want to remove a password that you have assigned to the account on your laptop, you will need to be logged in with an administrator account.
Once you use the administrator’s credentials to log on to your Windows 8 laptop, removing the password from the computer is easy.
Here is how:
- Log on to your laptop with an administrator account.
- Click the Desktop tile from the Start screen when it appears.
- Once you are on the desktop window, hover mouse to the bottom-right corner.
- Click Settings from the displayed Charms bar.
- From the lower section of the Settings pane that appears in the right, click Change PC settings.
- On the PC settings window, click the Accounts category from the left pane.
- On the Accounts window, from the left pane, click the Sign-in options category.
- From the right pane, under the Password heading, click the Change button.
- On the next window that comes up, in the Current password field, provide your current password that you use to log on to your computer.
- Click Next to continue.
- On the next window, leave all the available fields blank and click Next.
- On the final window, click Finish to leave your computer without a password.Note: Due to the default Windows security policies, if no password is set on your computer, it cannot be accessed from a remote PC.