Once you use the administrator’s credentials to log on to your Windows 8 laptop, removing the password from the computer is easy.
Here is how:
- Log on to your laptop with an administrator account.
- Click the Desktop tile from the Start screen when it appears.
- Once you are on the desktop window, hover mouse to the bottom-right corner.
- Click Settings from the displayed Charms bar.
- From the lower section of the Settings pane that appears in the right, click Change PC settings.
- On the PC settings window, click the Accounts category from the left pane.
- On the Accounts window, from the left pane, click the Sign-in options category.
- From the right pane, under the Password heading, click the Change button.
- On the next window that comes up, in the Current password field, provide your current password that you use to log on to your computer.
- Click Next to continue.
- On the next window, leave all the available fields blank and click Next.
- On the final window, click Finish to leave your computer without a password.Note: Due to the default Windows security policies, if no password is set on your computer, it cannot be accessed from a remote PC.