The chill is in the air and we’re all ready with our lotion tubes to apply generous layers. You’d think oily skin would have some relief this season but this in fact is a myth. Be it winter or summer; oily skin should be treated with special care without the need to use expensive, chemical-based skincare products. So we went ahead and curated a list of 9 home ingredients that will make you absolutely winter ready.
1. Whip one egg white until stiff and spread it on your skin. Allow it to dry and then wash it off with warm water. Do this twice a week for fantastic results.
2. Whip one egg white, add the juice from half a lemon and mix it well. Apply the mixture on your face, leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water. This will tighten the skin and soak up excess oil.
1. Mix one teaspoon of fresh lemon juice with one-half teaspoon of distilled water. Apply it on your skin using a cotton ball. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then wash your face with warm water. Lemon juice can dry out your skin, so apply some oil-free moisturizer afterward. Do this once daily.
2. Mix one tablespoon of lemon juice, one-half tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of milk. Apply this paste on your face and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes before washing it off with cold water. If done once daily, this remedy will give you positive results within a week.
1. Apply one tablespoon of plain yogurt thoroughly over your face and leave it on for 15 minutes. Then rinse it off with cool water. Do this once daily.
2. Alternatively, mix one tablespoon each of organic yogurt and finely ground oatmeal. Then stir in one teaspoon of warm honey. Apply the mixture on your face. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
1. Cut a tomato in half and rub it on your skin, allow the juice to soak into your skin for at least 15 minutes. Rinse your skin with cold water, pat it dry and apply a light oil-free moisturizer.
2. You can also make a face mask by combining three tablespoons of tomato juice with one tablespoon of honey.
1. Grate half an apple and place the shreds on your skin. Leave it on the skin for 15 minutes and then wash it off with tepid water.
2. Mix one teaspoon each of grated apple, yogurt and lemon juice to form a smooth paste. Apply it all over your face and leave it on for 15 minutes. Then rinse your face with cool water.
3. Peel apple & cut it in to small pieces. Rub these small pieces on your face. After one hour wash your face with clean water. This will make your skin oil free & glowing.
1. Cut a fresh cucumber into thick slices, and rub them thoroughly on your face. Leave it on overnight and rinse with warm water in the morning. Do this daily before going to bed.
2. Alternatively, mix one-half teaspoon each of cucumber juice and lime juice. Apply this mixture to your skin, let it dry, and then wash it off with warm water. This remedy can also be used to lighten freckles and reduce sunburn.
1. Mix a small quantity of grounded almonds with honey. Message gently (don’t scrub) the paste onto your skin. After ten to fifteen minutes wash your face thoroughly.
2. Mix a teaspoon of lemon juice with half a spoon of honey & few drops of milk. Apply this paste on your face ten to fifteen minutes before taking bath. This acts as a bleaching agent as well as prevents oily skin.
1. Mix oatmeal with aloe Vera. Rub gently onto your skin. After ten to fifteen minutes wash off thoroughly.
2. Wash your face thoroughly and apply gently aloe Vera gel on your face & let it dry. You will feel more refreshing if gel is cool. Therefore, you may keep it in refrigerator. You can apply aloe Vera gel on your face two to three times a day as per your convenience.
Fuller’s Earth/ Multani Mitti
1. Mix Fuller’s earth with water to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste gently onto your oily skin. Leave it for fifteen minutes. Wash off thoroughly.
2. Mix one teaspoon of Fuller’s earth with half a tea spoon of lemon or orange juice. Apply this paste on your face & let it dry. After fifteen minutes, wash it off thoroughly.
302 comments .