Prime Minister Narendra Modi today conveyed greetings to 125 crore countrymen from the ramparts of Red Fort. Addressing the nation, the Prime Minister paid rich tributes to those who sacrificed their lives for ‘Swarajya.’
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today greeted the nation on the occasion of 70th Independence Day. He delivered his address to the country from the historic Red Fort.
It is the third consecutive Independence Day speech for the Prime Minister.
What is interesting is that this year, Modi had invited suggestions from the public to include in his address to the nation.
The Red Fort witnessed scores of VVIPs, including senior political figures like Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, diplomats and military personnel besides thousands of civilians including school students.
- We did not get an opportunity to die for the country but we have the opportunity to live for the country
- There can’t be a bigger freedom than freedom from poverty. I invite all SAARC countries to work together to fight this.
- Many innocents were killed in Peshawar terrorist attack (Pak), but there were tears in everyone’s eyes in Parl here
- ‘Unity in Diversity’ is the whole essence of Indian culture. There is no place for violence and atrocities here.
- Yes there are problems, but we have to rise above and fight such anti-social elements. Only then we’ll be able to progress in real sense.
- Reform, perform, transform, we have made efforts in every sector.
- We are working to bring in social change, over 70,000 villages are free from open-defecation, today.
- Panchayat se Parliament aur gram pradhan se lekar PM tak,sabko apni zimmedari samajhne ki zarurat hai.
- The onus is on 125 crore people of India to convert this ‘Swaraj’ into ‘Surajya’.
- India’s age is not 70 years,but the journey post colonial rule for a better India is 70-year old.
PM Narendra Modi added that the countrymen must resolve towards moving from ‘Swarajya’ to ‘Surajya’. He mentioned that the countrymen had the strength and were capable of overcoming several challenges.
Prime Minister Modi spoke of several steps the Government has been undertaking to enhance and transform lives of people. “Governments should be sensitive and responsive”, he added further.
The Prime Minister remarked that his Government wanted to eliminate the fear of tax authorities from the minds of people and said, “We want to change the situation where people are scared of income tax authorities, particularly among middle class families.”
PM Modi highlighted how schemes like the Jan Dhan Yojana that has helped 21 crore people become a part of the economic mainstream. PM also emphasized on the renewable energy sector, infrastructure development and LED bulb schemes. He spoke about initiatives being undertaken to improve the agriculture sector and farmers’ welfare. “e-NAM will benefit our farmers”, he added. He added that how the Centre has been distributing free of cost LPG connections to poor households in mission mode. Speaking about Mudra Yojana, the PM stated that, it has been a huge success and lot of people have been benefitted.
Prime Minister Modi mentioned that country’s image was important than government’s image. He said that last-mile delivery was at the core of functioning of his Government. He also thanked other parties in the Parliament over consensus on passage of GST Bill. He added that GST Bill would strengthen the country’s economy.
He said that only a strong economy would not strengthen India, a stronger society was also requisite to make the country great.
PM Modi stated that unity in diversity was India’s strength. “Violence and discrimination has no place in our society”, he added.3201 comments