Google Glass 2.0
The pictures show a Google Glass unit that looks a lot like the existing Glass design. The biggest change seems to be that the device can now fold up, just like a regular pair of glasses, which will make it much easier to store when you aren’t wearing it, Ars Technica reported.
Google has filed patents with the FCC for a new version of the Glass device with photos, internal photos, test reports, test set-up photos, a user manual and information on radio frequency absorption for the device.
According to the user manual, the power button is positioned on the back of the device.
“The plastic cube just above your right eye allows you to interact with the device. The Home Screen is your starting point. By default, the display shows you the current time,” read a document describing the device.
The Glass prism looks longer than the first version of the device, which presumably offers a larger picture.
“The camera button is located on top of the device near the display. Press the camera button to take a photo. Hold it down to record a video. The green light shows when the camera is on,” it added.
The biggest news from the manual is that there is now a camera light on the front of the device, which the manual states will turn green when the camera is on.
This might help Glass gain a little more acceptance in public as one of the things that freaked people out about Glass was that wearers could silently record people.
The FCC docs also show the unit now supports 5GHz Wi-Fi — an upgrade from the last version of Glass that came in 2013.
The charging port is different, too. There is a set of pogo pins with large circles on either side of the contacts.
The device will reportedly only be sold through the “Glass for Work” programme, and businesses will be expected to load custom software on the device.
- Meizu going to launch Xiaomi Mi MIX-like bezel-less smartphone
- Linux phone Os That Aren’t Android
- Wireless charging Xiaomi Mi 5 smartphone
- Honda CB Hornet 160R vs Suzuki Gixxer vs Yamaha FZ-S FI V2.0: Comparison Review 2016
- Apple iPhone 6 2016 SPECS / REVIEW
- Huawei Honor 7 2016 SPECS / REVIEW
- Sony Xperia Z5 Dual 2016
- LG Google Nexus 5X 2016
- Huawei Google Nexus 6P 2016
- OnePlus 2 2016 SPECS REVIEWS
- Apple iPhone 6s Plus 2016
- Samsung Galaxy S6 2016
- BEST SMARTPHONE IN INDIA - TOP 10 2016
- iPhone 7 Plus WHATS NEW 2016
- Sony Xperia Z6 Lite With 5-Inch Display and Snapdragon 650
- Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) gets Android 6.0 Marshmallow in India
- 8 most awaited bikes in India 2016 ( upcoming)
- Hero HX250r Specs/Review