All the candidates shall submit GGSIPU CET 2016 application forms only through online mode, for all Common Entrance Tests 2016. The application form is available at the GGSIPU website www.ipu.ac.in The GGSIPU CET 2016 application form along with the Common Entrance Test Fee of 1000/- plus service charge & taxes as applicable from 30th January, 2016 onwards. The Admit Cards can be downloaded by using candidates log-in ID and password, online.
GGSIPU CET 2016 Important Instructions :
- The GGSIPU CET 2016 application forms shall be available in the online mode only from the University Website : http://ipu.ac.in
- The last date for applying shall not be extended for any programme or programme group for which a common entrance test is to be conducted by the University.
- It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they posses the requisite eligibility and qualifications for admission. Appearing for the written examination does not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility.
- The applicants are advised that since the form filling as well as admit cards shall be made available through the online mode only, they must keep the details of their login id and the password secure and safe.
- Applicants should be careful in choosing the CETs that they apply for, as no change would be permissible after the application has been submitted.
- After the application for any CET is submitted, if there is mistake in date of birth, spelling mistake in name of applicants or the parents name or in the choice of category claimed for the purpose of availing reservation, the applicant must submit an application in physical form to :
Reception, Examination Division,
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University,
- This GGSIPU CET 2016 application must be submitted before 3.00 PM of 29th March, 2016 for CET Code other than 102. After this no request for any correction shall be entertained.
- A Separate Application Form has to be filled-in for each programme( s ) having distinct CET Code.
- No separate intimation will be sent to the candidates regarding declaration of results and commencement of counselling/ admission. Result will be declared on University Website ( http://www.ipu.ac.in ). Detailed schedule of first counselling/admissions will be notified prior to commencement of respective counselling, on the University Website ( http://www.ipu.ac.in ). Tentative dates of commencement of first and second counselling shall be notified by 16th February, 2016. The schedule may be deferred if the sanctioned intake for the respective programme is not received by the University in time.
- The University will declare and display the ranks of only those candidates who are declared as qualified in the CET-2016. The candidates will be called for counselling/admission depending upon the number of seats available in each programme. The admissions will be made only out of these qualified candidates strictly in order of merit. The rank of candidates who do not qualify in CET-2016 will not be declared.
- Applicants should retain a printout of the CET application form as proof of application.
- In all communication regarding submission of application or otherwise related to admissions, the copy of the application form must be submitted as otherwise the communication would be deemed incomplete and no processing would be performed on the communication, without any notice to the applicant.
- There will be no rounding-off of the percentage of marks of qualifying examination while deciding the basic eligibility of any candidate for admission e.g. if a candidate obtained 49.99% marks in his/her qualifying examination, then it will not be rounded-off to 50%.
- It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they posses the requisite eligibility and qualifications for admission. Filling the application form and / or appearing for the written examination does not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility.
- The tentative schedule of counselling shall be notified on the University website http://ipu.ac.in on or before 16th February, 2016.
- The list of documents required shall be informed through the detailed counselling schedule as notified on the University website http://ipu.ac.in.
- The candidates are advised to check their status with the help of the login id and password.
- Write the complete e-mail address and phone number in the form carefully. Please note that this e-mail address and phone number may be used by the University for future communication.
GGSIPU CET BDS 2016 Admit Card
- The GGSIPU CET 2016 Admit Card will be made available online, 7 days before the date of the CET. The Admit Cards may be downloaded from the candidates individual account using log-in ID and password from the website which was used for filling up the application form.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the Examination Hall without the valid CET Admit Card 2016, issued by the University.
- Candidates are required to carry two printouts of the admit card at the time of CET. One copy of the admit card should be retained by the candidate after getting it signed by the Invigilator.
- The second copy should be handed over to the Invigilator for University records. Both the copies shall require that a passport sized photograph of the candidate is pasted. Candidates are advised to keep two copies of the photograph uploaded at the time form filling handy for this purpose for each CET applied for.
- Candidate must preserve the CET Admit Card till the admission procedure is over as it has to be handed over to the Admission Officer at the time of counselling/admission.
- Request for issue of duplicate Admit Card will not be entertained after the Common Entrance Test (under any circumstances).
- No claim of having filled up the Application Form and non-receipt of admit card will be admissible after the CET.
- Impersonation is a punishable offence. No candidate will be permitted to appear in CET without the Admit Card. The admit card should be presented to the invigilator( s ) for verification. The candidate’s identity will be verified in respect of his/her details on the admit card/centre verification record. If the identity is doubtful, the candidate may not be allowed to appear in the examination. The authorities may permit the candidates to appear for the examination after completing the necessary formalities (visible mark of identification) at their discretion.
- No extra time will be allowed for these formalities to be completed. Police action will be initiated in case of dubious identity.
- In case of non receipt of Admit Card the candidate may contact Office of Controller of Examinations (Operations) at GGSIP University, Sector 16C , Dwarka, New Delhi 110078 at least 5 days before the scheduled commencement of respective CET. The application in this regard must be supported by a copy of the printed version of the application form and proof of payment for the application for admissions. Without the submission of these two documents, no application in regard to non-receipt of admit cards shall be entertained, the application in this regard shall be deemed incomplete and rejected without intimation to the applicant.
GGSIPU CET BDS 2016 Selection Procedure
- Criteria for Qualifying CET : Based on the result of Common Entrance Test : CET Code 104 [ CET : BDS – 2016 ], merit list will be prepared for each category. As per the Dental / Medical Council of India Guidelines, the candidates for admission must have come in the merit list prepared as a result of competitive Common Entrance Test : CET Code 104 [ CET : BDS – 2016 ] by securing not less than 50% marks for General Category Candidates and 40% in case of SC / ST Category Candidates. Accordingly, names of only those candidates who secure 50% or more marks ( 40% or more in case of SC / ST candidates ) in the Common Entrance Test: CET Code 104 [ CET : BDS – 2016 ] will be included in the merit lists.
- Allotment of Seats : All seats will be filled up on the basis of the merit of BDS CET 2016.
- INER – SE – Merit : In the case of a tie i.e. the candidates obtaining equal marks in the Common Entrance Test, the INTER – SE merit will be decided on their performance in the Common Entrance Test : CET Code 104 by first eliminating the marks secured in the Physics portion of the CET, and if there is still a tie then by eliminating the marks securedin the Chemistry portion of the CET and if there is still a tie then by eliminating the marks secured in the Botony portion of the CET. If a tie still exists, the candidate older in age will be preferred.