Houston 73, South Florida 67
Senior forward Devonta Pollard scored 20 points and Houston started conference play off on a winning note, beating South Florida 73-67 at USF Sun Dome in Tampa, Fla., on Wednesday afternoon.
Pollard was one of three Cougars to score at least 17 points as the team went to 1-0 in the American Athletic Conference and 11-2 overall. Sophomore guard Rob Gray Jr. scored 19 points, while junior guard Damyean Dotson had 17 points and hit five 3-pointers.
The Cougars went 6-for-14 from 3-point distance and shot 42.3 percent from the field.
South Florida had a better shooting percentage (43.1 percent), but the Bulls were plagued by 20 turnovers.
The Bulls (3-11, 0-1 American), were led in scoring by junior forward Chris Perry, who had 19 points on 4-of-7 shooting and an 11-for-12 performance from the foul line. Perry also had 10 rebounds to complete a double-double.
Freshman guard Jahmal McMurray scored 18 points for the Bulls, 13 of which came in the first half. Senior guard Nehemias Morillo added 12 points.
The game was tied 34-34 at halftime, but the Cougars went on a 9-0 run around the 15-minute mark of the second half to give themselves some separation.
- How Trump Won the Election
- Possible outcomes of President Donald J Trump
- U.S., Russia work to revive ceasefire in Syria
- All New Car Launches in 2016
- Bharti axa car insurance Claim Process
- US B1 Temporary Visitor Visa for Business
- PROVING FAULT IN A CAR ACCIDENT
- 2017 Audi R8 2017 details , launch
- audi models 2016 , 2017 new models
- New Audi A4 2016 review
- Apple Mac Book Pro Retina 13 Notebook Review 2016
- Ferrari California T Adds Handling Speciale Package
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Full phone specifications
- latest weather report states a huge snowstorm in America
- 2016 BMW 4 Series in Australia
- 2017 Porsche 911 Carrera review
- Best Life Insurances NEWYORK, United States 2016
- AUDI Q7 SUV 2017 IS THE BEST GIFT FOR USA