10 best new cars
Resale value is a powerful thing. While it can often go overlooked in the car buying process, it’s more important than ever to get the best bang for your buck when buying a car.
That’s why the folks over at Kelley Blue Book put together their 2016 Best Resale Value Awards, to make sure you’re getting the most mileage (pun intended) out of your new car purchase. Here are the top ten vehicles that made their list:
1) Toyota Tacoma: 61.7% of value at 60 months
2) Toyota 4Runner: 60.3% of value at 60 months
3) GMC Canyon: 59.5% of value at 60 months
4) Chevrolet Colorado: 58.6% of value at 60 months
5) Jeep Wrangler: 54.9% of value at 60 months
6) Toyota Tundra: 53.8% of value at 60 months
7) Subaru WRX: 50.8% of value at 60 months
8) Chevrolet Camaro: 49.0% of value at 60 months
9) GMC Sierra: 48.0% of value at 60 months
10) Subaru Forester: 47.3% of value at 60 months
Clearly, midsize pickup trucks and SUV’s are the best bets in terms of resale value, and American and Japanese brands do particularly well. It’s nice to see sporty cars like the Chevrolet Camaro and Subaru WRX thrown in there as well. Maybe now you can have a little less guilt about buying that track toy or midlife crisis car.